Navbar

Friday, October 16, 2009

Steamed Eggs



Steamed eggs for tonight dinner. I want to cook something more fancy
but too bad eggs is the only ingredient available in the fridge. So I decided
to make steamed eggs. This is my 2nd attempt to make it. The first attempt,
I failed terribly ask I over steamed the eggs. This time my eggs are just nice
smooth as silken tofu. My niece even praised it.

here's the recipe ( I got it from Kuali.com)

Ingredients
  • 4 eggs
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 1 tsp chicken stock granules
  • 2 tbsp finely chopped char siew pieces (if preferred)
  • 500ml warm water

    Method
    Beat eggs and water till well blended. Add salt and chicken stock granules.

    Sieve then pour the mixture into a steaming tray or deep plate. Add chopped charsiew (if preferred). Steam over rapid boiling water for 25 minutes.


  • Notes :-
    Since I'm using farm eggs which is relatively small compare to normal eggs.
    So i reduced the water to 450ml.

    I do not have char siew, I omitted it. I believe it will be nicer if add the charsiew.

    I add 1 tsp of sake. Wanted to add mushroom but cant find any at home else will
    taste like chawanmushi.

    I sprinkle some sesame oil on top.


    0 comments: